There are lots of different Palms, but in general this is a rather robust plant that is easy to take care of.
And they are also known to be the best air purifying plants!
- LIGHT : Enough light but no direct sunlight, this can burn the leaves and make the edges of the leaves crispy. Place this plant at a North/West/East facing window or 2m from a South facing window. Most palms will do well in lower light conditions.
- WATER : Water 2x per week in summer to keep the soil moist (not soaking wet though) + spray the leaves 1x per week as well to keep the humidity high. In winter you only need to water this plant every 2 weeks but keep spraying the leaves regularly to prevent the plant from pests.
- CARE : This plant likes to be both in a terracotta or a plastic pot, it's very easy going ;-) Never trim a palm from the top, the leaves won't grow back and it will damage your plant.
- DISEASES : Sensitive to pests when the air is too dry (keep the humidity high if you want to avoid this).
- CURIOSITIES : Palms are well known for their air-purification capabilities, so if you're looking for a plant that will improve your health (and your indoor air), this is the one!